I needed to change the way the DisplayName is automatically formatted in ADUC for a customer and was shocked to know they did not know of the createDialog propery in the CN=409 under DisplaySpecifier(s) in the Configuration partition. Below is a extract from the KB that shows you how to do this. You can change the automatic DisplayName creation to use a combination of the following attribtues:
Have Fun Carlos Magalhaes Start Microsoft Management Console (MMC), and then add the ADSI Edit snap-in.
- Right-click the top node, and then click Connect to.
- Change the Naming Context to "Configuration Container," and then click OK to bind and authenticate.
- Expand the Configuration Container node, and then expand the Configuration node.
- Expand the cn=DisplaySpecifiers node, and then double-click CN=409.
Note: 409 is the Locale ID for U.S. English. If you are in a multi-lingual environment, you may need to make changes to the other codes. Most of the Asian codes are already set.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) define the code pages. For more information, visit the following ITU and ISO Web pages:
For more information about supporting localized Exchange Clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 150977 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/150977/) Supporting localized Exchange clients.
- In the right-hand pane, open the properties for "CN=user-Display".
- Scroll to the createDialog optional property.
- Set the attribute to %<sn>.%<givenName>. Make sure that you click Set.
Note: The only tokens that can be formatted in the dislayName are %<sn>, %<givenName>, and %<initials>.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.