Microsoft will be updating the current Azure AD Apps and Profile experiences on July 20th 2020. This means that from that data onward your colleagues will be automatically switched over to the updated My Apps and My Account experiences.
The updated My Apps and My Account offer the same functionality as the current experiences, but with an improved user interface on top of new capabilities to enable your users to be productive.
Why enable these experiences?
If your organization's users are using the current Apps experience for app launching or Profile for account management, you should notify them of the upcoming change and update the current work instructions and manuals for your organization.
Additionally, Microsoft recommends turning on the new My Apps experience in the Azure portal as soon as possible to give people the opportunity to try out the updated user interface. Turning on the new My Apps experience will allow them to access the new My Account experience from My Apps.
What if I do nothing?
On July 20th 2020, users will no longer be able to access the current Apps or Profile experiences. They will be automatically redirected to the updated My Apps and My Account experiences.
Enabling the new My Apps and My Profile experiences
Perform these steps to enable the new My Apps and My Profile experiences:
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Azure AD Portal.
- Sign in with an account that has Global administrator privileges.
Perform multi-factor authentication, when prompted.
- In the left navigation pane, click on Azure Active Directory.
- In Azure Active Directory’s navigation pane, click on User settings.
- In the main User settings pane, click the Manage user feature preview settings link in the User feature previews area.
- Toggle the Users can use preview features for My Apps from None to either:
- Selected, and select a group to enable for the new My Apps and My Profile experiences, or;
- All to enable everyone in the Azure AD tenant for the new My Apps and My Profile experiences.
- Click Save at the top of the pane.
- Sign out and close the browser.
I noticed that the company branding (logo) was removed from the new MyApps page. Is that no longer going to be an option?