Last week, Microsoft released a new version of Azure AD Connect for all your on-premises Active Directory Domain Services and LDAP v3 to Azure Active Directory, and thus Office 365, synchronization needs.
Version 1.1.281.0 of Azure AD Connect, dubbed the August 2016 release, adds fixes and improvements.
This version introduces fixes for the following issues:
- Changes to the synchronization interval do not take place until after the next synchronization cycle completes.
- The Azure AD Connect wizard does not accept an Azure AD account whose username starts with an underscore (_).
- The Azure AD Connect wizard fails to authenticate the Azure AD account provided, if the account’s password contains too many special characters. Error message "Unable to validate credentials. An unexpected error has occurred." is returned in this case.
- Uninstalling a Staging Mode server disables password synchronization in the Azure AD tenant and causes password synchronization to fail with the active server.
- Password synchronization fails in uncommon cases when there is no password hash stored on the user.
- When an Azure AD Connect server is enabled for Staging Mode, the Password Write-back functionality is not temporarily disabled.
- The Azure AD Connect wizard does not show the actual password synchronization and password write-back configuration, when the server is in Staging Mode. It always shows them as disabled.
- Configuration changes to password synchronization and password write-back are not persisted by the Azure AD Connect wizard, when the server is in Staging Mode.
This version introduces the following improvements:
- The Start-ADSyncSyncCycle Windows PowerShell Cmdlet has been updated to indicate whether it is able to successfully start a new sync cycle or not.
- The Stop-ADSyncSyncCycle Windows PowerShell Cmdlet has been introduced with this version to terminate sync cycle and operation which are currently in progress.
- The Stop-ADSyncScheduler Windows PowerShell Cmdlet has been updated to terminate sync cycles and operations which are currently in progress.
- When configuring Directory Extensions in the Azure AD Connect wizard, on-premises Active Directory attributes of type "Teletex string" can now be selected.
This is version 1.1.281.0 of Azure AD Connect.
You can download Azure AD Connect here.
The download weighs 74,6 MB.
If the Automatic Updating functionality hasn’t already upgraded your Azure AD Connect installation to version 1.1.281.0, you can download and install this version of Azure AD Connect above.