Hot on the heels of Azure AD Connect version 22.214.171.124, Microsoft is releasing a new version of Azure AD Connect to fix an issue introduced in that first version of this 1.5.x.x branch of Azure AD Connect versions.
This is an important version if your organization has deployed Group Filtering.
About Azure AD Connect Group Filtering
As stated in the Microsoft Documentation, you can configure Azure AD Connect to filter users and devices based on a group membership. The Group Filtering feature is available on the Filter users and devices page, when you initially configure Azure AD Connect when using the custom installation path:
There a couple of things you should know:
- When you disable group-based filtering, it can't be enabled again.
- It's not supported to use group-based filtering in a custom configuration. It's only supported to configure this feature by using the installation wizard.
- When using OU-based filtering in conjunction with group-based filtering, the OU where the group and its members are located must be included (selected for synchronization).
- Nested group membership is not resolved – objects to synchronize must be direct members of the group used for filtering.
- When synchronizing multiple Active Directory forests, you can configure group-based filtering by specifying a different group for each AD connector.
This hotfix build fixes an issue with Azure AD Connect version 126.96.36.199 if your organization has the Group Filtering feature enabled and use mS-DS-ConsistencyGUID as the source anchor.
As the Group Filtering feature is intended for pilot deployments only, and when used Azure AD Connect only synchronizes a small set of objects, the impact of the issue is not a complete fallout. Instead, it is worth noting that you want to use version 188.8.131.52 for your pilot deployments, instead of a previous download of version 184.108.40.206. A lot can happen in one week.
This is version 220.127.116.11 of Azure AD Connect.
This release is the first release in the 1.5 branch for Azure AD Connect. It was made available for download on April 9, 2020.
You can download Azure AD Connect here.
The download weighs 96.6 MB.