Earlier this month, we saw the release of Veeam Backup for Office 365 v5. The new version now supports Backup and Restore of Teams and offers Architectural Enhancements. These architectural enhancements are the result of many major under-the-hood changes in this release.
Veeam operates a model where they stage releases and where they keep a close eye on any issues experienced by early adopters. This allows the Veeam team for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to iterate quickly. And that’s exactly what they did with version 5a, build 184.108.40.2060.
The common issues with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 5 are documented in Veeam Knowledgebase article 4078:
- After upgrading to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 220.127.116.111, a local backup repository fails to upgrade with the following error:
JetError -1605, JET_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key
- Personal SharePoint sites are not backed up using a backup job that is configured to protect an entire organization.
- Updating the installed product license fails with the following error:
Failed to check for license update
- Checking for available product updates fails with the following error:
Failed to check for updates
- After upgrading to version 5, browsing backups with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange fails with the following error:
Unable to find mailbox account
- If a local repository was configured with snapshot-based retention, Microsoft Teams data that is within the specified retention period may be unavailable for browsing after retention cleanup is applied.
Upgrading to version 5a
If you have already installed Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 5, builds 18.104.22.1681 or 22.214.171.1243, you will need to update it manually with the KB4078 patch. One of the issues of the original build affects the automated update functionality.
If you're running a previous version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and we’re holding off on version 5, now is a great time to upgrade to the updated version. You can simply upgrade to version 5a normally.