MEC 2014 Meta recap
For those that weren’t at the Microsoft Exchange Conference 2014 in Austin, there is a ton of information now available. It certainly won’t compare to actually have attended this conference, but it’s better than nothing. I’ve probably forgotten a ton of other information, but you gotta start somewhere
Most recordings are now available for free at Channel 9. See here for all MEC2014 content. If you want to download all the stuff, use this script tweaked by Peter Schmidt.
Check out some these sessions that are IMHO a good start:
- Exchange Server 2013 Architecture
- Exchange Server 2013 Tips & Tricks
- Plan it the right way – Exchange Server 2013 sizing scenarios
- Ready, set, deploy: Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2013 Virtualization Best Practices
Exchange and Office Team Blogs
The Exchange and Office teams have published several blogs that are tied in with announcements and sessions made during MEC2014.
- The evolution of email
- Embracing cloud-first, mobile-first communications
- The Preferred Architecture
- Ask The Perf Guy: Sizing Guidance Updates For Exchange 2013 SP1
- Bringing predictive email to the workplace
- MEC is Here!
- MEC 2014 wrap-up
Several MVP/MCMs and trusted Exchange blogger have made some posts about MEC 2014 (in random order).
- Tony Redmond – The colorful side of MEC 2014: All the stuff that makes a conference
- Jaap Wesselius – MEC Recap – It was great
- Tony Redmond – Microsoft Exchange Conference 2014 finishes on a high
- Michel de Rooij – MEC 2014 Wrap-up
- Theresa Miller – On-Premise Exchange Notes from MEC 2014
- Michael van Horenbeeck – This was MEC 2014 (in a nutshell)
- Paul Robichaux – MEC 2014 wrapup
- Paul Cunningham – Microsoft Exchange Conference 2014 Roundup
I don’t have anything to add on what was has been said in these posts. You could call me lazy, but I call it least administrative effort
The UC Architects
Obviously The UC Architects were present and we even recorded a live session! The Episode 36 recording is available on our site and in several stores. More MEC related content was discussed in the follow-up recording in Episode 37.